The time now is Thu May 25, 2017 2:46 pm
AfghanGenderCafe.org Forum Index
View unanswered posts
 Forum   Topics   Posts   Last Post 
General  
Introduce yourself  
Roundtable topics from June 2006  
No new posts Doing Gender
Join this cafe topic to help create effective understanding of what it meant by "gender" and by "gender and development."

2 5 Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:46 am
vic View latest post
No new posts Lessons learned???
Join this Cafe topic to exchange experiences and knowledge gained, including problems, constraints, obstacles and successes.

1 1 Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:10 am
vic View latest post
No new posts Working with men and women
This Cafe topic will provide a place to discuss the challenges of working within organizations as well as those faced when working with communities, ministries and other entities in Afghanistan.

1 1 Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:52 am
vic View latest post
No new posts What problems do we face within organizations/Gender policies?
Challenges of gender mainstreaming. This topic can be a place to share information about successful incorporation of gender policies, gender sensitivity and awareness training. What are the real impacts?

2 4 Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:41 pm
Melody View latest post
No new posts Working in a “post-conflict” arena
How do we work in Afghanistan?........... "I think that the current and seemingly deteriorating situation in Afghanistan makes the gender discussion even more critical. We do so much relatively high profile work with women, I’ve begun to be concerned about what kind of negative attention we could be in for in the future. "............ "After the terrible incident last week, when three female Action Aid staffs were killed in Jawzjan, we probably have to rethink gender and how we understand and facilitate it in the communities. Therefore I would very much appreciate intensive exchange of ideas and discussion about this issue with other (I)NGO working here in the country."........... "My question is doing gender work in areas of high insecurity/Taliban presence. Is my going out into the communities jeopardizing the women that I work with?"

1 2 Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:00 am
vic View latest post
No new posts Existing Coordinating Bodies (Includes announcments and minutes from ACBAR Gender Working Group)
Are new Communication Strategies needed to strengthen these mechanisms? Is there room for a new one? What should it look like?

6 8 Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:35 pm
Sara View latest post
No new posts Capacity Building
What do we mean by "Capacity Building?" Development discourse is fertile with references to it but, how do we know it when we see it?

1 1 Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:17 am
vic View latest post
No new posts Making Programs and Projects Sustainable/ Activity areas
This forum is a place talk about how to create outcomes that are sustainable over time. (Also see Working Together and Letting Go below.)

1 2 Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:34 pm
Eva Benita A. Tuzon View latest post
No new posts Sharing resources
Minimize duplication of efforts and re-inventing the wheel. Collaborate with others to increase effectiveness. Share resources.

2 8 Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:23 am
Sara View latest post
No new posts Research
This Cafe topic is a place for academics, activists, students and anyone else interested research activities in Afghanistan that include a gender dimension. Please share research questions, find collaborators, exchange knowledge, research tools and findings.

1 6 Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:58 pm
sarah View latest post
No new posts Working together and letting go
"* Development agents often pose a barrier to progress in that they take on all the responsibility and decision making forgetting to pass the baton to the “developees”…..giving up control is not easy to do…allowing people to make mistakes in your presence is even harder…it is so much easier to just tell people what to do!!" Roundtable participant

0 0 No Posts
Mark all forums read All times are GMT + 6 Hours